Friday, January 25, 2008

Movie Review - Death Proof

I'm staying in tonight and drinking beers since I am heading to Valpo tomorrow morning for the VU-Loyola game. In the meantime, I am watching the NBA League Pass free preview of the Hawks and Sonics. Boring, I know, but I just finished Grindhouse: Death Proof. It was pretty much awesome.

It was sort of like two movies jammed into one. With Kurt Russell as the antagonist, he's one of my favorite actors ever and that alone would make this movie good.


However, there were a few other things going for it. First, there is an extended scene of people hanging out at a bar and getting drunk. It looked pretty fun. Second, there were some great action scenes. Third, there was a tremendous collection of talent.

For example, there is the always effervescent Rose McGowan:

Then there is this girl, who I have seen before somewhere but can't place it. I don't remember where I saw her. She sort of looks like the Chino girlfriend that Ryan knocked up in The OC. Yep, she's giving the best lap dance ever in this scene:




Lucy McClane from Live Free or Die Hard is here, too, and wearing a cheerleader outfit the whole time. Of course, if Minnie Driver was in LFoDH I would probably think she was good-looking, too:


I always wax back and forth on how attractive Rosario Dawson is. She's not Hollywood hot, but she is regular life hot, so I'll give her a thumbs up:


This girl is basically just a stunt woman who was cast as herself (a stunt woman filming a movie) and also did her own stunts in this movie. And when you see it, you'll see that these stunts are freaking crazy. Anyway, she's a Kiwi:


Last and certainly not least is Sidney Poitier's daughter. I'm not going to write any more than she is the most attractive gal in the movie to me. She's also 5'11", so maybe that's part of why I like her. Her character's name is Jungle Julia, but I'm quite sure what that's supposed to mean:


Since this already the longest blog post of all time, here are some other cool pictures I found on Google Images:

No comments: