Friday, January 25, 2008

Obama for the Democratic nomination

I know it's not my fight (as a conservative, and therefore a Republican), but I agree with this post on RedState. If you don't know, RedState is probably the biggest independent Republican website (as opposed to conservative website).

Anyway, here is the money quote:

The other reason I favor Obama is that I find Hillary Clinton and her political machine to be a detestable and diseased entity that has no business being near the White House. She is an unlikeable politician who uses slimeball tactics to get her way. If she is so willing to take the low road on the campaign trail against a fellow Democrat, there is plenty of reason to believe she would do the same against Republican opponents by orders of magnitude, and there is plenty of reason to believe she would do the same as president. I would rather not have another four or eight years of white-hot, gloves-off hyperpartisanship. We are a nation at war and we don't need that.

No comments: