Friday, January 11, 2008

I take it back; Ron Paul IS a crank

And a racist and anti-Semite, too.

I was feeling pretty blase about the news that Ron Paul had for about ten years published some newsletters under his name that had some pretty nasty, conspiracy-minded stuff in it. I mean, who has the energy any more for him? Did he write them or didn't he, and so on.

Anyway, after the debate last night where the Ronulans were bombarding the dopey Fox News text message poll about who won the debate, I started to get cranky about him. I mean, Paul showed himself to be basically a clown, comic relief, and a punching bag for the other normal and sane candidates. And 35% of the viewers who bothered to respond to the poll thought he won? What planet was I on?

Then I read something today by Ace with his take on those newsletters and Reason magazine's response. (Apparently Reason is a big supporter of his libertarian ways; I generally avoid the libertarian Right out of laziness so I'm not sure.) Ace basically takes him apart, and I can't argue. It's long and good, so I won't excerpt any of it here.

Anyway, poking around his site more, I see Ace has been one of the main guys criticizing Paul. Again, I have converted to be with him 100%.

Ron Paul showed in last night's debate that he's a buffoon, and that performance and his newsletters show that he should be excluded from the debates.

No comments: