Friday, January 25, 2008

Mrs. McCain speaks

Whenever someone questions John McCain's age as he runs for president (he's 71), he mentions his 95-year-old mother as evidence that he's not too old. The point is that his mom is still pretty sharp and spry.

(I'll add that despite all of the grief I give him, McCain's age doesn't bother me a bit. Reagan was 69, I think, when he was first elected and he did fine. In addition, McCain's mind is OK to me.)

Anyway, she does the occasional interview. Here's an excerpt of a recent one:

Q: How much support do you think he has among the base of the Republican Party?

Roberta McCain: “I don’t think he has any. I don’t know what the base of the Repub–maybe I don’t know enough about it, but I’ve not seen any help whatsoever.”


Yep, she still knows what she's talking about!

No comments: