Friday, January 4, 2008

Excellent e-mail posted on The Corner

By Kathryn Jean Lopez:

I know, this is how politics in America works, it's all Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, all the time. But look at the ideological variety on the GOP side, and tell me that if we listen only to the winners coming out of those three states, how can they POSSIBLY produce a consensus candidate for 2008?

The simple fact is, they can't, and I increasingly fear, they won't. I for one know that, as conservative as I am, I couldn't possibly vote for Huckabee in November, and John RINO McCain would require seriously gritted teeth to vote for after all the insults he's hurled our way.

Just because bat-crazy Iowa loves its Huck and looney-tunes New Hampshire loves to vote for mavericks, this means I'm going to lose any chance at all to support Fred, Mitt, or Rudy in a mere month's time? And this is accepted as normal and sane why??

I agree, and I hope these other three hang in there in time for other states to come. I'm not terribly worried about Thompson, though, since I think he'll do very well in South Carolina. They have a very different type of evangelical Republican than is in Iowa, and Fred fits right in with them. I'll have MUCH more later today, though, in my analysis of Iowa and the state of the race for both parties.

I'll be taking a break from 11 to 2 to listen to Rush Limbaugh's take on it, too.

No comments: