Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's up in Chicago and Cook County?

Intrepid readers of this site may wonder why I haven't been posting any updates on the ridiculous budget battles (such as they are) for the governments of the city of Chicago and Cook County. The reason is that nothing is happening, as far as I can tell.

I use the Sun-Times almost exclusively for news updates, and they haven't had anything lately. Either they are too involved covering the guy who obviously killed his last two wives or budget work hasn't been going on.

LO AND BEHOLD, as I went to the Sun-Times site for a general link above, there is some news for the city today. It's really nothing special or interesting, except that we seem to be getting closer to a resolution of the budget negotiations. I'll just repeat that when a bunch of big-spending nany-staters control the local government, this is what you get. There is never any mention of cutting taxes that are too high on everything, and cutting spending is absurd to them. I hope everyone enjoys their new libraries.

The Leviathan grows unabated...

No comments: