Sunday, November 25, 2007

European Beer Tour review

Thanksgiving is a pretty good holiday. Most people tell you it's because they get to visit their family, eat, blah blah blah. They are full of poop. Since I am from near Chicago and I don't enjoy spending multiple days with my family being tortured, I always head to Quenchers on the Friday after Thanksgiving for the first night of the European Beer Tour. That's the real best part of Thanksgiving weekend.

Of course, many of my friends (who will go nameless because they know exactly who they are; yes, it's just about all of you) are always "out of town" being with their "families" during this joyous time, and they never experience the wondrous miracle that is the Tour.

Anyway, it was AWESOME per usual. I got to spend some QT with both Gavin and Ropp. The shirts are kind of lame this year, though.

I went for a follow-up last night, and I was aided by that enterprising youngster Fubar. While I didn't do another Tour, I did drink 4 beers that were 14% alcohol. They were fantabulous. I also got to hang out with a girl who had piercings in her arm. No joke. She was a tad weird that way. One last note is that there was a crap-load of talent there last night. At Quenchers! The times, they are a-changing.

No comments: