Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bars to avoid

Here is a Center Stage article about bars that allow dogs. I consider it my duty to inform you hard-core drinkers out there of the list.

To anyone who actually brings a dog to bar, I am here to tell you what everyone thinks of it: we hate you. Dogs are annoying. They walk around, getting in people's way. They sniff people and slobber on them. If I wanted that, I would own a dog. There's a reason I can spend my whole night in a bar without going home, and it's because I don't own a dog and don't have to go home to ensure he doesn't urinate all over my kitchen. Yes, some lame people think it's fun to pet a dog when you bring your animal to the bar, but those people are morons who don't hang out in bars on a regular basis. A bar is a place to get away from things and relax, and anything that prevents me from doing so (like annoying music or your dog) drives me from that place. My message, in case it's not clear, is this: stop thinking it's cool, because it's not. It makes you a condescening jerk, because everyone who hates the dog looks like an a-hole for saying something about it just because you are too pompous to care about other people.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I appreciate the heads up - it drives me up the wall when dogs are in bars....unless they have beer in their bowls, then they should be at home!