Friday, September 21, 2007

Weekend

Here's a little personal stuff, because I know people care. And by care, I mean don't care. OK, it's mostly for Lauren.

Today, "The Reuters are going to London!" They are hitting up a bad-ass sports bar to watch Liverpool tomorrow night. The bar also shows certain NFL games there, so they may be able to catch the Broncos if they are interested. Then in the Carlton Cup (or whatever it's called), Liverpool plays again next week vs. Reading, so hopefully they have a chance to check it out live and in person.

Fubar and whoever else are going to Madison for the Iowa-Wisconsin game. This is one of 2 games all year where I will root for Iowa (the other being against Michigan, naturally). We'll see if he ends up in an emergency room trying to teach cheeseheads how to drink.

Meanwhile, I'll be mostly relaxing. Of course, Bryan is coming over tomorrow morning to watch the same Liverpool game, so we'll be drinking vodka lemondaes and (if The Pool scores) Jagerbombs at 9 AM. Post-game, I need to sober up because I am going on a fancy (well, for me) dinner date with a very promising prospect I found on the interwebs. Sunday is a day to wrap up season one of Heroes just in time for the new season Monday night. I'm through 18 episodes this week and I only have 6 more, I think, to go.

4 comments:

LaurenK said...

Ooh, a date?? Exciting!

Unknown said...

Great chance I am going to the carling cup game...YNWA!

Cletus Van Dam said...

Yeah, L-Train, and she could be a good one. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mich said...

Ah, I am interested about this date - can you give us any details?