Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Some random thoughts on the passing scene

($1 to Thomas Sowell for stealing the title to his occasional column of the same theme.)

Clint Howard's performance in The Waterboy solidifies his standing as possibly the 3rd best actor named Clint in Hollywood history. He was also in the Married...With Children episode where Peg wins a bunch of money playing bingo but Al gets too drunk with the rest of NO MAAM to remember to pick her up. And it just took me 15 minutes to find that episode summary.

Since we got all of the premium channels on DirecTV, I find myself watching Beerfest and Idiocracy any time they are on.

My copy of seasons 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia shipped today from Buy.com. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I can FINALLY give it to my brother to watch. Don't forget, the new season starts Thursday, September 13.

Fubar's last ever party at Janssen is Saturday, and I can feel the electricity in the air...

One of my headlights is out in my car, but I'm not afraid of getting a ticket since all of the Mexicans around here don't use their lights anyway until about 9 PM. They would need roadblocks to ticket everyone for that offense.

The Waterboy just finished. In the 12 minutes until the Republican debate starts, I have a brutal decision to make: CB4 or Spies Like Us (or as Fubar calls it, Fletch). Alas, neither Beerfest nor Idiocracy is on. Spies Like Us wins. A bonus is that both Bernie Casey and Vanessa Angel are in it.

I have been searching for a fall TV preview and have been unable to find one so far. If the Sun-Times doesn't have one on Sunday, I'm going to suspect a conspiracy against me is afoot.

Marlboro sent me a really sweet-looking ashtray in the mail last week. Too bad I don't smoke cigarettes.

The big 33 is coming up on Monday, but I just don't care. Once you get past 30 they are all the same until retirement.

My book queue is up to 14, and I just ordered Prince Of Darkness by Bob Novak. Clearly, I'm not reading fast enough. Even more clearly, I need to stop buying books.

No comments: