Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trip report - Atlanta

On Friday, Tony and I headed down to Atlanta to hang out with our real estate guys. Due to thunderstorms down there, all flights coming into and out of Atlanta were delayed. I managed to get on an earlier flight than I was supposed to, which was nice because the flight I actually got on left when my original flight was scheduled to.

So in the Atlanta airport at 9 PM and tired from a long week at work (and with 1.5 hours to kill until Tony showed up), I knew the only thing that would keep me going was to start drinking. I found the nearest bar (a Houlihan's) and lo and behold, they carried the Sam Adams seasonal brew on tap. That meant I got to drink some fresh Octoberfest, and boy, did I. After 5 22 oz. beers, Tony showed up and we left. After getting picked up, it was late so we hung out at the hotel bar that night for a while. Some beer and a double-shot of whiskey later, and I went back to the room to pass out.

We spent the next day driving around, checking out properties. We also found out that we were scheduled to attend dinner at a fancy seafood place (BluePointe), then go to a fancy club (Lotus, but be careful because the website makes noise) to hang out in the VIP section. Since I had no decent clothes with me, we stopped at K&G. What a place! I will always now go there for nice clothes. It's hard to describe, so I'll simply write that every guy should check it out. I now have a couple of fancy shirts with French cuffs and my own set of cufflinks. Needless to say, I'll only be breaking those out when I'm out to hide my flaws from the ladies.

Dinner was good, and at the club I got to drink some Moet. Let me tell you, now I know what Biggie was talking about! Some black chick also gave me her phone number, unsolicited. They ran out of Lite, which struck me as strange, so I had to switch to Bud. Anyway, living the high life was interesting.

The next day I showed up at the airport and was able to upgrade my flight to business class for $40. Since I was feeling like death and working on 4 hours of sleep, I took it.

Overall, it was another good trip to tha ATL.

No comments: