Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Think twice before buying something

Today the new giant sales tax in Chicago (and the rest of Cook County) begins, thanks to political lightweight Tood Stroger:

The tax is estimated to bring in more than $440 million in new revenue.

I doubt it. Enough people like me are pissed off about it that they will make as many purchases as possible outside the county.

I've written it before and I'll write it again: when you elect liberal Democrats, you can't complain when they raise taxes. It's what they do.

1 comment:

amo said...

I agree Clint!! Thanks for bringing me the fruity adult beverage before you had to pay more tax on such a purchase. I will be sure to share some with you next street fest, just look for me and my big "water" jug. It's important to stay hydrated when at fests.