Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roger Ebert's not a huge fan of Sex and the City

He starts his review with this:

I am not the person to review this movie. Perhaps you will enjoy a review from someone who disqualifies himself at the outset, doesn’t much like most of the characters and is bored by their bubble-brained conversations.

I don't blame him for disliking it, I just can't believe he gave it 2 stars. From the commercials, it looks like a sure-fire -34 stars from me. God willing, I will never see it and have to find out.

What I find interesting is that Roger Ebert is a hypocritical windbag. Let's see some movies that he gave zero stars to and didn't disqualify himself as not in the intended target audience as an adult movie reviewer:

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Freddy Got Fingered
Police Academy
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Tomcats

I am not defending these movies, just pointing out that I guess when it comes to chick flicks, he's too much of a pansy to rip them honestly.

No comments: