Sunday, May 18, 2008

Post-mortem on that Iowa immigration raid

Cry me a river:

"I like my job. I like my work. I like it here in Iowa," said Escobedo, 38, an illegal immigrant from Yescas, Mexico, who has raised his three children for 11 years in Postville. "Are they mad because I'm working?"

I bet he does like it in Iowa, since it's got to be better than the third-world crap-hole from whence he came. (Although since it's Iowa, not much. Heh.) He doesn't realize that our country is better than just about every other one in the world, though, so should we let them all in?

And yeah, dumbass, they are mad because you are working. It has nothing to do with being here illegally and likely extensive Social Security and document fraud.

Also, how about this for a cultural shift in a small town in Iowa, of all places:

Half of the school system's 600 students were absent Tuesday, including 90 percent of Hispanic children, because their parents were arrested or in hiding.

The most appalling part of this piece of propaganda disguised as straight news is the absence of a single pro-enforcement voice in the article (I don't count the administration, since they are just doing their job, however weakly and sporadically). I am amazed that the country is still overwhelmingly for enforcement after the media's continual browbeating of us into submitting into open borders and amnesty.

1 comment:

Fubar said...

When I was in highschool we played Postville in football. I also drive through Postville on my way back to Riceville.