Friday, May 23, 2008

Annual shareholder meetings

I own a few individual equites, and thus I get invites to attend their annual meetings. I never go, mainly because they are seemingly always on a random Tuesday in Virginia or something.

This Sun-Times article contains interviews with 3 local investors who frequently attend these meetings. I had no idea they give things away:

Best spread: Chicago Mercantile Exchange, which at the Swissotel Chicago in 2006 offered a full line of buffet items (sliced roast beef, turkey, ham), salads, dessert and open bar.

Then there is this, which made me laugh out loud:

Easiest to get a word in: Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. But one of the easiest this year was female condom maker Chicago-based the Female Health Co. He was the only shareholder in attendance. "They let me talk all I wanted."

No comments: