Monday, December 10, 2007

Movie Review - The Hitcher

Just finished watching this. It's a remake of some old movie (i.e., a movie that came out when I was in sixth grade) that I've never seen. Thus, I have nothing to compare it to. I should look into it, though, since it starred C. Thomas Howell (a.k.a., star of that documentary Soul Man), Jennifer Jason Leigh, and, best of all, RUTGER HAUER. By the way, poking through Howell's resume leads to something called The Outsiders. The movie looks lame, but the cast has enough big names to make my head explode. Trust me, click on that link. One thing I'd like to note is that it's the acting debut of Michelle Meyrink, who is best known for her role as Gilbert Lowell's girlfriend in Revenge of the Nerds (she also played a pedophile who looked like a lesbian in Real Genius). She only appeared in ten roles in her career, but two of them are in classic 1980's movies.

Anyway, the reviews of the 2007 version were pretty brutal, and there are certainly no future stars in this version. However, it does have a couple of people who have made appearances in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia with small roles. First, there is Lil Kev, best known as the "retarded" rapper in "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person". (His character in this movie isn't too bright, either.) I somehow missed him in "The Gang Gets Invincible". Also, there is the girl Dennis hits on at the lupus fundraiser in "Dennis and Dee Get a New Dad".

To get to the point, I liked this movie. The action was pretty intense. Plus, it starred the lovely and talented Sophia Bush, shown here in the film's penultimate scene:



Did you know she was the 2000 Tournament of Roses Parade Queen? Me neither, but she is definitely pretty enough. She's not just Hollywood attractive, she's beauty queen attractive.

Yes, this post took me 30 minutes to write, what with all the links and such.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How the hell have you never heard of The Outsiders!?! It is a great movie!

You will probably hate it.

Mich said...

I nominate this entry for the "most links in a single blog entry" award.

LaurenK said...

Even I have heard of The Outsiders! I have not seen it though.

Fubar said...

The Outsiders is awesome! But not as awesome as Sophia Bush. I love her! She is one of the stars on One Tree Hill. I remember the first time I ever saw her - small role on Van Wilder. VW cheats on Gwen with her.

ahow628 said...

Watch One Tree Hill! Marlene and I are about halfway through Season Three. Season 4 is coming out on DVD on Tuesday and Season 5 is starting on the CW in mid-January. You won't regret it.