Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Overstock.com sucks

A few weeks ago I ordered a DVD for my bro for Christmas, and after checking prices at the Big Three (Amazon, Buy, and Overstock) I went for the cheapest at Overstock. Of course, I forgot about the thing that always makes me regret buying from them...

The item was shipped 12/6 using something called UPS Mail Innovations. It's described like this:

UPS Mail Innovations (UPS MI) has been a National Account of the United States Postal Service (USPS) business partner segment since 1997. Through this work-share partnership, we provide global mail services.

The program works like this:UPS MI picks up the mail, processes (sorts) and transports your mail to the USPS.

Then:The USPS accepts your mail piece and makes the final delivery to your mailing address.

Here is the picture:



Here is the description of the steps on the UPS website, which we all know does an excellent job of tracking packages:

Date
Description
Location
Dec 6 2007
Mail Retrieved From Shipper

Dec 6 2007
Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin
RPF
Carol Stream, IL
Dec 6 2007
Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin
RPF
Carol Stream, IL
Dec 7 2007
Manifested (Postage Paid)

Dec 7 2007
Entered USPS Facility -
SCF
CHICAGO, IL
Your mail piece has been transferred from UPS Mail Innovations to the United States Postal Service
.

Why am I showing you this? I have not yet received this package. UPS documents every step along the way for us to see, and we see that on 12/7 the package was transferred to the Postal Service. At this point, I can only guess that it's being used to prop up a short table leg in someone's office, as it hasn't moved. That's despite it going to the downtown facility and the delivery going to the Loop, where I work. I could spend an afternoon laying on the ground and steamrolling myself there, picking it up, and steamrolling back. Instead, it sits. In the graphic above the third step may as well be a bottomless pit.

I was just on a live chat where the Overstock guy told me it's still in transit. He also told me that the USPS system it's in is called media mail or something, and the delivery time is 2 to 15 days. Let that sink in. How is it possible to come up with a range like that? He also told me I'll get it by December 24 (while I won't be in my office after 12/21, so that's not helpful).

Listen, we all know the USPS it terrible. My point here is not rant against them (that deserves its own rant). No, the object of my scorn is Overstock.

Like I wrote, WE ALL KNOW the USPS stinks. Overstock has to also know. Yet they continue to use it because, I guess, they offered the O a big price break compared to FedEx and UPS.

Luckily for me, I was offered a customer survey to fill in after using the live chat. While I thought the live chat feature was great, I used the "additional comments" section to rip them a new a-hole for this delivery process and their continued patronage of the USPS.

If you are going to use Overstock, beware of this. I will not use them again until they change their delivery practices.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are running into some bad luck right now.

Blog-A-Mania said...

I feel your pain. I did much (well, all up till this point) of my shopping online this year...and the shipping of the products has been spotty at best. With the exception of Wal-Mart.com, which did an excellent job (and their prices on CDs and DVDs are really good).