Saturday, December 22, 2007

Next Poll!

OK, I need help from readers. I want to do a poll to determine the greatest rap (I refuse to say hip-hop) album ever. Here are five I can think of now:

Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The 36 Chambers
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell
Geto Boys (self titled, and my personal favorite, and the greatest album shot ever):



On a personal note, this album also came with the cover being a fold-out poster. Awesome. Also, Gangster of Love had a James Taylor sample that was later changed. My CD has the original, while my brother's doesn't. I rule, and I also vote this the best album ever.
Despite that,I will throw it open to the people. Please post in the comments section any others until January 3 and I will consider posting them in the poll.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No NWA - straight out of compton??? The put gangster rap on the map!

That was really hard for me. It is either Death Certificate or Raising Hell...

Raising Hell! Too much historical importance.

Cletus Van Dam said...

I forgot about NWA. Dang, that's a tough poll.

Blog-A-Mania said...

I going to have to go with Raising Hell, for the same reason as Andy...to much history there to be ignored (plus, it's a damn good album). Second, for me, would have to be The Chronic. It's a close second, just in front of Enter The Wu-Tang, which I listened to everyday on my way to school when I was a Junior. Good stuff.