Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The race to 210

In October I'll be playing basketball every Tuesday night with the Murpheys and whoever else they can scare up in an open gym setup. Given my age and physical condition, I think it would be best to drop some weight and strengthen my legs. The last thing I want is more knee trouble.

With that written, my goal is to get down to 210 pounds (bear in mind for anyone who has the misfortune of stumbling upon this site and subsequent fortune of not knowing me, I'm 6' 9" tall). I weighed in today at 231 pounds. The worst part is that I'm not carrying much muscle.

The running list you see to your left will be the results of my weigh-ins. I hope that the potential of public shame is strong motivation for me. We will all see!

Please note that weigh-ins will be done sporadically. Helpfully, here is an artist's conception of what I look like today (for comparison purposes):







I hope to look like this at the end:






















UPDATE: To clear up any confusion (as in the comments), I want to look like a white Shawn Kemp, not MJ. The role of MJ in this picture will be played by everyone else on the court, staring up and watching me dominate.

4 comments:

Mich said...

Cfunk - I think that it is going to take more than just weight loss for you to wind up looking like MJ....unless you have the reverse of Michael Jackson's skin condition.

LaurenK said...

You lost 3 lbs in one day?? Daaaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn. I wish I could do that.

Cletus Van Dam said...

My weight can fluctuate pretty wildly from day-to-day. If I weighed 130 pounds like you I wouldn't be able to do it.

Mich said...

MJ...Shawn Kemp...whatever.