Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My REAL fantasy football team

Here is my team in the other league, the one that's going into its 9th year. 12 teams, 1 QB, 2, RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, passing TD's worth 4 points:

RB LaDanian Tomlinson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Marques Colston
QB Vince Young
RB Ladell Betts
WR Donte Stallworth
RB Ahman Green
TE Ben Watson
WR Muhsin Muhammed
WR Ronald Curry
QB Byron Leftwich
RB Michael Turner
RB Brian Leonard
RB DeDe Dorsey
D Packers
K Stephen Gostkowski
QB Tarvaris Jackson

Here are a few of my thoughts, knowing I used the Football Outsiders' projections:

With the 1st pick, I had a while to wait before my 2nd and 3rd picks. I could choose between 3 basically equal QB's, all of whom were the best available players. One of them was VY, and since I needed another RB I would have taken Betts with my 3rd pick. Reuter convinced me to hold off, since both were likely to be undervalued by others. Also, with 3 starting WR's, they are more valuable than in most leagues. So I got my top remaining WR's and then on the rebound got the 2 guys I wanted before. The Reuter Gambit worked.

I'm not huge fan of my RB depth, but with Tomlinson, how much do I really need? Plus, since there wasn't much left in the middle rounds I went with some high-upside backups later in the draft when there wasn't much to choose from. It was especially delicious to spite Arlinsky by taking Dorsey (since he has Addai).

I'm not usually a fan of 3 QB's, but VY could have a down year since he's still fairly young (pardon the pun) and Leftwich could lose his job to the silly whims of Jack Del Rio. Jackson is going to play in Minnesota, and FO likes him more than Grossman and a lot of other guys (mainly for his running). I figured he was worth taking a flyer on, especially since there were no other decent WR's or TE's I cared about taking.

This draft is heavy on FO's picks, so we'll see how it works out.

1 comment:

Blog-A-Mania said...

Dede Dorsey is about to be relaesed. I know this becuase we dradted him too. clearly we followed the FO advise with the same devotion that you did, becuase our teams are terribly simnilar.