Monday, August 20, 2007

8/18 Netflix reviews

Mini-reviews of 3 movies I watched this weekend:

Wet Hot American Summer
Written (essentially) by the guys who do Stella. It's a parody of summer camp movies, I guess, but I didn't like it too much. I can only take those guys in small doses, and while there was some funny stuff it wasn't quite my bag.

The OH in Ohio
Also not my type of movie, but but had some positives. Paul Rudd, Parker Posey, Danny DeVito, and Marissa Cooper were in it, along with that black guy who is a That Guy all-star (David Keith, I think) and is best known to me as having done the intro track for Westside Connection's Terrorist Threats album. That wasn't quite enough for me. It's got lots to do with sexual stuff (not the funny or cool kind kind), so maybe it's more of a ladies film.

Wild Things 2
I would have never guessed that this would be the best of the three, but it was. It starred a couple of very nice looking lasses, Jamaica St. Croix from Son of the Beach and the main bad girl from The In Crowd. It wasn't really a sequel to the original; it was more of a remake but with some different plotlines. People really savaged this movie in the Netflix rating system and on IMDB, but I think their expectations were too high given that it was direct-to-video. Mild thumbs up for viewers inclined to some T&A and murderous storylines.

No comments: