Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shows that just don't hold up over time

So last night after euchre, Fubar and I briefly discussed TV shows that seemed cool when we were kids but are hella-lame now. Some others do quite well. Here's a couple of each kind that I can think of:

Totally weak now:
The Monkees
Diff'rent Strokes
Knight Rider
Alfred Hitchcock Presents (old ones from the 1950's)
A-Team

Still good:
Sanford and Son
Three's Company
What's Happening?
Twilight Zone (old ones from the 1960's)
Dukes of Hazzard

I would be interested to hear about any others I missed or ones that I am wrong about in the comments section.

5 comments:

Mich said...

Good holder-uppers:
The Wonder Years
Fresh Prince
I Love Lucy
Addams Family
Cosby Show

Mich said...

Reuter disagrees and says "F you hippie, the A-Team Rocks"

Cletus Van Dam said...

I almost put The Addams Family on the lame list, but I haven't seen it for a while. I'll check out a few episodes on TV Land.

I'm so old that Fresh Prince doesn't even register for me as a show from my youth.

Reuter, A-Team is still hella-lame.

Mich said...

Fresh Prince....whatever, you are old!

ahow628 said...

I was watching He-Man recently and was baffled. I apparently don't remember that show at all. It was awful, latently homosexual, and half of it felt like a LSD trip.

I recently threw Munsters on the DVR for Marlene. LILLY!!!

-ahow