Friday, June 27, 2008

I love the Sox, but South Siders are morons UPDATED

I guess Jimbo's, the famous bar close to Comiskey Park, was supposed to be turned into a John Barleycorn. Whatever, I never went there anyway.

What grinds my gears is these doofus South Side guys who think that North Side bars are full of metrosexuals who drink fancy drinks:

"Far as I'm concerned, that's a North Side Cubs bar. I don't go up there. They shouldn't come down here," South Side carpenter Tony Rapsys says. "We're shot and a beer down here. They're Grey Goose vodka up there."

Oh yeah, we don't have any shot-and-beer joints up here.

(Durkin's. Gin Mill. Kendall's. Halligan. Bob Inn. The Surly Greek. Miller's. Addison Inn. Etc., etc. just off the top of my head.)

And sure, everyone who lives north of Madison is some effette nancy who drinks Grey Goose. Let me tell you, Tony Rapsys, I have never had Grey Goose in my life. I'd like to see your pansy ass step up and drink Malort and Miller Lite with me all night and see who caves first.

One last thing...the owner of Jimbo's is kind of a jerk:

Even Cubs fans are welcome. But Jimbo has rules about you people.

"You can't walk in here wearing a 'Sox suck' shirt, no way around it," says Jimbo. " 'Cubs suck' shirts -- that's what it's all about. This is a Sox bar, and that's the bottom line."

You are going to turn away customers? Let in the Cub fans wearing those shirts so you can make fun of them!

UPDATE: How could I forget the ULTIMATE North Side shot-and-beer place? It's like my Disneyland as the most fun bar I've ever been in. That's right...FOLEY'S. I'd put that joint up against anything on the South Side.

Oh yeah, and I've been to Bourbon Street down south. It's a nice place, but there are more fancy metrosexuals there than 95% of the places up here.

No comments: