Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dumb hippies

You know what grinds my gears? Simplistic ideas from lefties who think they have stumbled upon something brilliant. It's usually the same dumb crap.

Take this silliness I found on CTA Tattler today. Now, I like this website for its information about the CTA. The sidebar on the right, however, is just mindnumbing.

Someone or another is interviewing random people on the CTA for some purpose. Fine, whatever floats your boat. The subject is some dopey high school kid who answers thusly to a question:

If he could say one thing to the entire world what would it be?: World Peace Now!

OK, he's just a stupid 18-year-old, right? (Except he can vote despite his extreme naivette, which is mildly disturbing.)

Here is the beginning of the interviewer's summary:

I think that it is very mature of him to think on World Peace at his age. I sheds a light of hope for the future of this world.

Um, no.

Demanding world peace now is NOT going to bring it. Does this kid think that Kim Jong-Il will read this and say to himself, "You know what? He's right! Let's have world peace. I am going to give up my nukes." Does he think Iran and Columbia and Syria and China will do the same? Oh my, if only the world listened to his wisdom.

The interviewer has earned a special scorn from me, though. How is is mature to say such things? I's what kindergartners say! "Stop fighting." Wow, really mature. And this kid's attitude sheds something on the future of this world, but it sure isn't hope. It's more like the pansification of our foreign policy the likes we haven't seen since Jimmy Carter (and soon, possibly, Barack Obama, aka, JC2).

You know the best way we can have world peace? By taking out bad guys and having a benevolent superpower with a kick-ass military like us who up-and-coming bad guys are scared of.

1 comment:

ahow628 said...

I recall reading on the Course 2 syllabus that economically speaking, the most efficient situation is for all superpowers to have nukes. It feels counter intuitive, but deterrence is much more efficient than policing or honesty.