Thursday, March 27, 2008

McCain's daughter has a blog UPDATED

It's pretty cool.

I'd like to note that Meghan has a post on 3/10 (for some reason she doesn't have any permalinks, so you'll have to look for it to read it) about how people are being critical of her appearance:

As you may have noticed, I seldom use the Blogette as a medium to discuss social or political issues unless I feel particularly compelled to do so. This is one of those times. One of the unintended consequences of my dad becoming the presumptive Republican nominee is the increased level of public scrutiny on him and our family. Of course I expected more than my fair share when I decided to put myself out there and write a blog on the campaign; however, I've been surprised by critical comments regarding my weight and body shape. It recently reached a ridiculous level when someone handed me a business card for a plastic surgeon and suggested I needed liposuction. I am proud of my curves and have always loved my fuller figure, as should every woman who is not a size "0".

She goes on to some stuff about being a positive role model and whatnot.

OK, I know that as I get older my standards drop, but I think she is very attractive. Just poke around the site for pictures to see that. (It's not unexpected, as her mom is a former beauty queen.) I guess I never fail to be surprised about people from LA or Miami or whatnot who think a woman has to be near-anorexic to be good-looking.

As a final note, from what I can tell she is, um, exactly what Fubar is looking for in a girl.

UPDATE: There is a dopey (as is the magazine's style) profile of Meghan in QG. It has an excellent picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have checked it out before. It is a good blog. That is crazy that people think she needs lipo. Come on! She is right up Fubar's alley.

Mich said...

This is great - I read about this blog a little bit ago in a magazine and checked it out a few times, but then forgot about it - so thanks for the re-introduction!