Thursday, February 14, 2008

Big weekend

This weekend will be bigger than most for me for a few reasons.

- Unlike the rest of you people who hate our country's greatest presidents, my employer has decided to give me Monday off to celebrate them. (I always think of Calvin Coolidge, who was perhaps our most underrated president.)

- Friday, I have a pub crawl in my neighborhood. This is extremely rare for me, but I'm very excited. It starts at The Mutiny at 7 PM if anyone wants to show up.

- Saturday night the Hoosiers try to come back and post a win against the Spartans in Bloomington.

- Sunday, bowling has been put off for a week, so those of us that don't have to work on Monday are going to drink all night at my Regal Beagle.

- I finally (no thanks to Netflix) have finished season 4 of The Wire on DVD, so I can get to the six episodes of the penultimate season 5 I have recorded at home (with an additional new episode on Monday making it seven total).

- Huge Netflix movie weekend: Transformers, Hostel II, and Superbad. My head is about to explode thinking about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hostel II is bad. I actually thought the first one was okay. II is just bad.

ahow628 said...

Three day weekend! Woohoo!

I miss Mutiny. Also, I've never been to the Regal Beagle. Sounds like a place I need to go...

LaurenK said...

Very jealous of the L-Square pub crawl!!!!

Blog-A-Mania said...

I have to agree with Andy...Hostel II is brutal.