Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Barack Obama = Kirk Cameron

That's gist of this article:

College Park, Maryland - You can see it in their flushed-face smiles and hear it in their screams. They say the phenomenon is difficult to describe, but once they experience it they tell their friends, sisters, mothers and daughters, and they come back for more if they can.

"He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday.

There's much more in that vein.

A few things come to mind. Doesn't anyone notice that his speeches never contain any substance? It's all fluff.

Second, I think this is the reason it took women until 1920 to have the right to vote. If this is their reaction to the guy, I'm all for repealing that amendment. Ladies, please tell me you are ashamed of your sisters! Seriously, it's this crap that was used to rationalize denying women suffrage. Congrats, you've set yourself back at least 100 years.

Then how's this, which I always find horrifying when it's explicitly stated:

Her friend Tyra Simpkins, 37, said she has always rooted for Obama.

"I think he has a lot of momentum and I'm really excited about his health care plan, I know he's going to do a lot of great things for people with disabilities," said Simpkins, who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Translation: Give me free stuff for my vote!

2 comments:

LaurenK said...

While I don't think it is right to vote for someone because you think they're hot, it would be nice to have a President with some charisma.

Blog-A-Mania said...

If Lindsey Lohan was running for president, and she said if she got elected she would go everywhere in a bikini, I think I would vote for her.