Thursday, August 7, 2008

This morning's reason why I hate ESPN

Being in a hotel in Hartford, I didn't have access to any of the FSN affiliated channels that I'd usually have. Thus, I couldn't watch The Final Score this morning for my sports news. This was one of the worst possible days for me to be stuck with ESPNews. Why?

ESPNews is a 30-minutes program. You might have heard that Brett Favre was traded to the Jets late last night. What does ESPN show on their half-hour show?

The first 26 minutes were about Favre. Then they decided to throw a bone to everyone outside of Wisconsin and New York City by showing a couple of baseball highlights. And of course by highlights, I mean one play from each game, the Rays and Yankees games.

Effectively the show was engineered to appeal to people in Wisconsin, NYC, and a very smal group in Tampa. Everybody else got a big FU. Want to see White Sox highlights? FU! They didn't even play on a day when Brett Favre got traded! Neither did 25 other MLB teams!

No comments: