Saturday, August 2, 2008

I love Dragnet

In 1990, cable TV finally made it out to the country and my parents' house. One of my favorite channels was Nickelodeon, as it allowed to see shows that I'd never seen before. My favorite was Dragnet.

I loved the straightforward way they solved crimes and such. Plus, they were always taking down hippies. That ruled.

Thankfully, MeTV on channel 23 here in Chicago has become a latter-day version of Nick At Nite, but with old shows on all day. It must be the cheapest station in the country to run, considering all they show are old episodes of shows no one else wants. Anyway, every Saturday morning they show back-to-back episodes of Dragnet that record. I should just get them on DVD and be done with it.

What made me post this? The episode I am currently watching is titled "Community Relations". They are spending the episode trying to convince some high school graduates to take the police entrance exam. The fun part? Check out who is playing "Student (uncredited)". That's right, it's everyone's favorite acquitted double murderer, OJ Simpson! Maybe his experience on the show helped him avoid prosecution.

No comments: