Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ode to The Final Score

I've sang the praises of The Final Score before. It's the sports highlight show that dispatches all of the usual crap in a SportsCenter or ESPNews broadcast and just shows highlights of sports we care about.

Today I have another reason to love it. Take a guess how much time was spent on the Olympics this morning...

It was about 2 minutes. The rest was baseball, with a little of the football game last night thrown in. I wanted to get on my knees and cry! Finally, I see other people in the sports broadcasting business who understand that lots of people don't care at all about the Olympics.

So thank you, Final Score, for giving me a glorious morning.

As an aside, I'm not sure why anyone would watch the Olympics last night, either. Between the White Sox game and a couple of great shows on History Channel (first, a Modern Marvels episode on carbon; second, a 2-hour documentary about hillbillies hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus), my night was full without having to degrade myself into watching the same kind of crap my mom most likely was.

No comments: